Genuine replacement Segway x2 SE Batteries. These batteries will work with all i2, x2, x2SE
Replacing Batteries in Pairs
Why do we recommend batteries in pairs?
Replacing only one Battery will not necessarily increase the performance or range of your Segway x2, because the Segway x2 is designed to operate only at the level allowed by the lower-energy Battery. Redundancy is a critical safety feature built into the PT that also applies to the Batteries. Therefore, you should replace Batteries in pairs (except for the unusual situation where a Battery is replaced because of damage or defect and the other Battery is relatively new).
Use only Segway approved fasteners. The correct length is very important because if they are to long and force through the back they WILL damage the CU Board (Internal Brains)
Tool Required: Torque wrench with 3 mm or 3mm Hex key bit To install the Batteries:
- Make sure the Segway PT is unplugged and powered off.
- Install one of the Batteries to the Powerbase, with the curved edge of the Battery to the outside of the Powerbase.
- Ensure the Battery is aligned straight against the Powerbase edge trim, and there are no uneven gaps.
- Install the two center fasteners first; do not tighten.
- Install the two outer fasteners; do not tighten.
- Torque the center fasteners first, then the outer fasteners to 1.6 N-m (14 in-lbf).
- Verify the Battery is aligned straight against the Powerbase edge trim, and there are no uneven gaps.
- Repeat Steps 1-7 for the second Battery.
Charging Your Batteries
In order to maintain the best performance from your Segway PT Batteries, fully charge the Batteries for at least 12 hours once a month, or once every 12 hours of operation—whichever comes first. Charge your Batteries only when they are within the specified charging temperature range.
Failure to charge the Batteries could result in damage to the Batteries. Left unplugged, the Batteries could fully discharge over time, causing permanent damage. Use only charging devices approved by Segway.
Charging times vary depending on the following:
- Amount of charge already stored in the Batteries—The lower the Battery Charge Level is, the longer it will take to complete the charging process.
- Temperature of the Batteries—Batteries that are too hot or too cold may not charge or may take much longer to charge. Batteries charge most efficiently when they are close to the center of the recommended charging temperature range. See "Battery Specifications"
- If storage temperature is below 32° F/0° C, do not charge your batteries. Instead, bring them into a warm (above 50° F/10° C) environment for charging. Doing so will ensure optimal battery life and performance.
Do not insert the Power Cord plug if the Charge Port, Power Cord, or AC Power outlet is wet.
To charge the Batteries:
- Put your PT in a clean, dry place, within the recommended charging temperature range.
- Open the Charge Port on the back of your Segway x2 Console
- Verify that the Charge Port, Power Cord, and AC Power outlet are clean, dry, and free of debris.
- Plug one end of the Power Cord (provided with your Segway x2) into a grounded AC outlet (100V–240V; 50Hz–60Hz). The Power Cord should be properly grounded.
- Plug the other end of the Power Cord into the Charge Port.
- Verify that the two Charge Indicator lights on the Console illuminate green to confirm the Batteries are charging For more information on the Charge Indicator lights, see "Battery Charge Indicator Lights,"
The Segway x2 charging system automatically prevents overcharging. Plug your Segway into a grounded AC power outlet when it is not in use. If you do not plan to use it for an extended period of time, visit your Segway x2 every month and remove and reinsert the power cord to ensure the charging system is working properly.
Segway x2 SE Charging Failures
If a failure is detected during charging, all charging will stop. Depending on the nature of the failure, a solid red Charge Indicator light displays or the Charge Indicator light will be off. If either or both Charge Indicator lights are red or off, check the following:
- If the Charge Indicator lights are off, check that AC power is present, and ensure the Power Cord is fully seated in the Charge Port.
- If AC power is present and the Charge Indicator lights are either red or off, unplug the power cord, then remove and reseat the Batteries.
- If these actions fail to resolve the problem, contact us and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.